Saturday 27 October 2012

Asymmetrical Cross Shapes

Module 1 - Chapter 2

1 & 2 Details from a Tiffany lamp shade

                                    

3.  Crossed kitchen utensils


As part of her feedback Sian asked me to find or contrive some more asymmetrical cross shapes.  I photographed details from a Tiffany lampshade and laid out some kitchen utensils on the floor but these did not inspire me.

Then I spotted my husband's guitar propped against the wall!

Here were lots of previously 'unnoticed crosses', so I grabbed my camera and photographed sections of the guitar from unusual angles and created a collage of the results.

4.  Guitar collage


I really liked these images so I traced and simplified the individual sections to see what 'crosses' I had discovered.    

5.  Tracings from collage
                   

I have decided to run with the shapes in the bottom, right hand image and after I paint some papers, my next task will be to create a stamp from this design.




No comments:

Post a Comment