Thursday 24 May 2012

Line Drawings

Module 1 - Chapter 1

These are the line drawings I have taken from my ‘crosses’ research.  I have no idea which shapes are going to be the best ones to take forward to the next chapter of the module although I feel I would like to combine a curvy shape and an angular shape as this would provide the best of both worlds.  However, Will that work……………………………don’t know?

1.
001

1.  I really like the broken window drawing but I’m not sure how I could develop this into a shape/design for printing.  I feel the angular cross/star design in the centre has a lot more mileage but would probably need to be simplified.  The stained glass window could maybe work ………………….not sure.  The curved cross pendant could be interesting as it only symmetrical in one direction - I can see the possibility of lots of patterns radiating out from the centre using this shape.

2.
002

2.  I love the folded paper cross shape in the centre and I would like to use this.  I also find the curvy cross from the distorted reflections interesting but again – not sure how to develop it.  I think the circular cross at the top would make a good string print but could possibly be a bit samey when repeated.
3.
003








3.  I love the tangled tree roots but have no idea where to go with it!  The drain cover is also interesting - could look good but I wonder if the unconnected shapes might look bitty in repeat.  I think all the shapes in this page are useable with some adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment